WHAT DOES ANIMALS & US PROVIDE FOR TEACHERS?
Professional, NCEA-compatible resources that include:
- Ready-to-use lesson plans
- Texts from animal studies experts
- A range of stimulating visual, oral and written material
Animals & Us has been tailored to fit into the NCEA achievement standards framework.
This unique resource offers teachers:
- The chance to engage students in issues that are topical, popular with young people, and increasingly debated in general society and academic circles.
- A multidisciplinary resource that has been designed by New Zealanders for New Zealanders.
- Lesson plans that can be used either individually for a one-off lesson, or together to create a unit of study on a specific animal-related theme.
Animals & Us has been peer reviewed and created in consultation with experts in the fields of animal advocacy and education.